by Jack Watts
Since I have posted about recovery issues each day for more than a decade, I thought it might help my fellow Americans, if I provided the embittered Left with the Steps necessary for them to walk away and never regret it. If worked, the 12 Steps below will help those who are emotionally wounded to become whole again. (Feel free to repost this.)
#WalkAway 12 STEPS TO RECOVERY
1. I admitted I was powerless over my political anger—that my life had become unmanageable because of it.
2. I came to believe that a power greater than myself could restore my out-of-control thoughts and behavior to sanity.
3. I made a decision to turn my will and my life over to the care of God.
4. Focusing on everything that made me so angry, I made a searching and fearless moral inventory of myself.
5. I admitted to God, to myself, and to another human being the exact nature of my wrongdoing, holding nothing back.
6. I became entirely ready to have God remove the defects of character that caused me to be so angry.
7. In humility, I asked God to remove each of my shortcomings.
8. I made a list of all the people my political anger harmed, including those on social media, and became willing to make amends to them all.
9. I made direct amends wherever possible, or through the social media when appropriate, except when to do so would injure them or others.
10. I continued to take personal inventory of my thoughts and behavior and, when I was wrong, I promptly admitted it.
11. I sought through prayer and meditation to improve my conscious contact with God, knowing He is the source of my serenity. I made a commitment to pray daily for the knowledge of His will and asked God for the power to carry it out.
12. Having achieved a spiritual awakening as the result of working these Steps, I made a commitment to carry this message to others who are politically embittered.